Monday, March 7, 2011

block the lights







Spring Break begins for us this weekend. I juggled my options and nearly dropped them all. BUT, BUT, BUT one I was still able to catch so I booked it asap. The plan is for me and friend to go to Milwaukee for the weekend, then fly to Baltimore, and finally a weekend in NYC.

None of the locations are your typical warm weather, cold drinks, tiny hotel room places, but I need a good pair of shades....right?

The picture of me and my two friends way above is the best pair I have now. Well I do have another pair that does a good rip on Ray Bans, HOWEVER, they do a stronger square cut with a slight change in color so a fab color block (rich not cheap).

Anyways, sunglasses can really make the mark. I mean look at Kurt Cobain or Elvis. Both men rocked pairs that I keep wanting to find the perfect rip on them to rock myself. Hopefully I can rock them with my hair guitar in hand to fully complete the look.

Or if I really had the faith in my sunglasses storing ability to own the Prada Spring 2010 pair that rock the cat eye in the right proportion for my face. I mean I love the classic cat eye but my face is not long nor strong in the cheeky bone department to be taken serious with classic cat eyes on.

Currently I'm on the look out for these large play on round glasses for this spring/summer. I give kudos to the round salmon Tsumori Chisato fall 2011 pictured right above, easily the best pair out of the whole collection.

I bought something for the store I am working for here at school to carry so I then can buy them hehehe. However, the order form got all messed up so I believe we are going to get all the other styles..karma. Whatever, one day the thrift gods will have thee shades at a reasonable price. I mean I still do love my sunglasses in the photo....they wrap around the ear, and not to mention they pop up so they have a clear lens under. I know the john Lennon image is going to be stronger this summer which is why I kind of want to get a massive pair that swallow my face and are still round. Having them in a different color would be ideal because I do not want the Rachel Zoe comments. I doubt I would get that comment because last time I checked she is not rocking a bowl cut!!!

0 comments: