Wednesday, March 23, 2011

you will have to tighten it






My friend took me away from my slayer tonight. I wore my cross stitch "I appreciated you" vest tonight. With the thunderstorm turn 5 inches of snow I had to cover it up with a sweater unable to know if heat would be in the house we were off to.

Above I gave a closer look of my terrible but I completely love it stitch job. The inspiration for this sweater was seen on a longer sleeve navy knit with boy’s names all over it in a white thread. It was such track record preppy piece that I knew I had to make a poor man version. I'm terrified of dating hence no real track record on my version.

The names stitched are people I have met that helped at different stages in my high school on up life. I could have done younger but that appreciation is totally different.
I wont tell who but I will say why each one made the sweater. Some are silly so I won’t get TOO soft on you.

One of these guys showed so much kindness to me especially in an awkward situation.

One was my Chinese boyfriend in Japan. I never caught his name (he just appeared behind me when we climbed a mountain for class asking if I would like to try a Chinese cigarette, and therefore, I told the frenchies he was my boyfriend) so his made up name means mountain.

One is the first boy who took notice and adored my weird self.

One is a boy who gave me some of the best sass. He really kept me on my toes!

One is the boy who taught me that little acts are the most romantic.

One was the first boy who was almost a trophy fling. In a way that men have their trophy wife’s. I just could not believe this kid was into me.

FINALLY the last one was a boy who was an eye candy/played up person for my friend and I.

So after returning back to the home base I decided to wear the sweater as if I was leaving again for a trip. Not to mention I wanted to showcase my black ankle docs. I basically stole them at the Brooklyn market for how good of a deal I received.

I love the black in the sense that it just says "My son outgrew is prep school shoes so I guess I had to wear them because they are in such good shape STILL."

Now the jean choice I put the hunter green ankle doc's. RIGHT??! This same stall at the market had the blacks and greens. Now, now nothing is perfect. The green is maybe a whole size bigger but that is what in souls is for. I did call my friend who also appreciates the hunter greens, he would not fit, and then the guy who would fit said "You would buy these shoes." I mean come on? Then goes on to say "I would see these shoes and easily be able to say Kayla would wear these." I say this because I maybe would have given to him if he would promise to wear them well, but that remark was so anti his taste I WAS STUN GUNED.



0 comments: