Sunday, March 6, 2011

bowlcut full of blackberries





The dream finally came true. I imagined a bowl cut one evening while traveling in my spaceship around dream land and have been debating weather my curly hair could take it. See back in the day when my hair was randomly straight I rocked the bowl cut hard. I must say my mothers best work on me was giving her only daughter a bowl cut. Bowl cut- 1990's cute innocent till they get older kind of a cut.

I had my friend Dugan Doyle, my dare devil hair cutter up here at school. He has been the only person who will actually cut my silly ideas. Back freshmen year he sniffed off a short pixie that had a prime over cropped look. This time we didn't have to escape to the janitors closet we set up shop in the kitchen (the only place with a pot perfectly round). Snip, Snip, with a razor design and it was complete. The back I had imagined the outline of the brain. Now that I actually saw the back we easily had enough room. However, Dugan being the only person I know that passionate about the brain said it needed much more room. So in the end I got a fish with legs. However, my roommate who's response was "Its interesting," asked if the back shaving was suppose to be lines. All I know next time is its getting the infinity sign shaved in.
To save myself from white girl Rhianna comments I am going to stay clear of the coloring idea. Well coloring all one solid color. AWHHFGH now I could master the idea of what color design would take this haircut to another level. Work with the line across that forms and only dye on half a shade or two lighter. So its more of a lighting eye trick then too out there.

One thing I learned last night was the best option a person can do when I give them my idea rants. Ideally the person should just listen and eventually I will edit the idea myself.......I really enjoy this haircut. The long curls were beautiful but too beautiful for me. I love the cork of this, especially when I just sleep on it and I turned into Shirley Temple over night.

Soon it will grow and my Patty Mayonnaise appearance will come out again. Especially with the summer sun making out with me all summer. Guess I better be searching for the perfect summer aqua sweater with the addition of some form of polka dots on it.

Room got taken over last night must reclaim my belongings. Re visit your old kids looks!! DO IT!

0 comments: